28 January 2019

Managing Creativity: A Systems Thinking Journey (and afterwards)

Happy 2019 and sorry folks, I have not been much active in this blog since August 2018, as I was (among other things), finalising the writing and the publishing the above book 😊.  You can find publishing details here in this link.

The book aims to pay homage to the fields of creativity and applied systems thinking by establishing a dialogue that provides useful insights for people who like myself, want to see ourselves and creators, and find it challenging to have a balanced life.

Si I embarked in a journey to make sense of creativity as a messy field, and use the idea of a system as an enquiring device to help us make sense of this field, in particular when we want to be creative in our own lives and jobs.

The result is a collection of thoughts, reflections, insights into issues (like mental health) and an ethics to help us live a more creative life.

Out of this experience, I am now working on a new project to help myself and my fellow management educators to rediscover creativity in management education.

Am enjoying working on this sort of projects.  I found that I could be myself a bit more than on a high pressure - high ranking journal article.  I still keep a couple of the latter projects in mind, and am working with very good collaborators.

Maybe this is also a sign that I am growing older and a bit wiser, where quality and not quantity matter more to me now.

Happy reading of the book (there is also a kindle and other electronic readers version), and hope you also recommend it to your librarian!.

Kind regards,

José-Rodrigo