23 June 2021

The return of coffee mornings

 So here I am again in one of my favourite cafes.  


Sitting, typing, listening to what goes on.  Trying to fight the desire to write the right sentences or paragraphs for a new book project.  


Many people including me are now practising the language of 'coffeeing'.  We order exciting if not exotic things.  And we do it in a louder voice.  


It is inevitable not to draw comparisons between how we used to come here.  Before the world pandemic, myself I rushed to type things that were already on my notes.  I could spend hours here.  I felt there was not much outside I wanted to do.  




Today, I am longing to finish this, to walk around, to breathe, or maybe sit outside and type in a more relaxed manner.  








People are louder, things are flourishing again, and so am I.  

No comments: