20 October 2021

Good to see each other

 This week I met some work colleagues for the first time in more than 18 months.  


The atmosphere was great.  People chatting with each other, as if it was Christmas! 



The atmosphere felt different.  And we went back to old conversations.  As if nothing had happened...


As human beings we need some sort of social interaction.  Just to keep us more tuned with each other at work for example.  Or to allow us to catch up with what goes on.  It was telling for me how I missed it, and how we make things happen.  We have computers, mobile tablets or phones, but there is no substitute for the face-to-face conversation I think.  Even if we have got bit older, we still recognise each other by how we speak, look or listen.  




And I could not help but crack a couple of jokes.  I was not the only one!  


No comments: