20 August 2022

Routines and Smells

I am now sitting outside in the back garden.  A fresh current of air is passing by.  Windows and doors are open.  Felt the need to have fresh air at home.


Routines for this summer.  Waking up, getting ready, enjoying breakfast whilst listening to whatever the others are listening to.  And later on, going out to get something to cook.  Looking at people, looking at myself.  How we all get in an out of places, as if we had a clear plan for the day and with little time to spare.  




More routines.  Writing and meeting, checking work.  Taking twins to parks or sports centres.  Answering emails and ensuring bills are paid.  Fighting with the delivery people.  Trying not to be too absorbed by what I read.  Catching up on TV series or movies that were there.  Reading a couple of books now and then.  





Smells of quietness and change.  Now thinking that this rest of year things will be different.  Not wanting to have much of things outside my control.  Accepting perhaps that this is an illusion.  Dry air, humid air.  Quietness.  Noise I do not normally take the time to listen to.  



This summer I have tried to let go of worries and deadlines whenever possible.  I have partially succeeded.  Different routines and different smells, that seems to have helped.  

No comments: